How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was involved in a no fault on my part car accident I have

Customer Question

I was involved in a no fault on my part car accident I have been arguing my case with commercial and legal Doncaster who have used ever reason to stretch out the claim t
Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: yes but they are saying because it is over three years they don’t have to pay even though our last correspondence was an offer I accepted they advised when I accepted it and complained it was passed to complaints dept who again used up time then amazingly offered £500 as compensation but advised I took advice before accepting as it would negate the first claim then after getting no where with the claim I accepted then two month later I heard nothing so made contact again to find out there was a time limit and that had expired the accident was very straight forward but the kept changing staff lost medical reports three times making me have time off to repeat the visits then asked for my medical reports and I gave permission I am amazed that they are allowed to as aproffesional company do this to a private person can you help please
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What else would they need
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question

If your lawyers missed the 3 year limitation for a personal injury claim, they will be liable in professional negligence and you can sue them. You would need a firm which deals in professional negligence to do this for you.

It could be if you send Commercial & Legal a letter of claim, they may pay you what you should have received in your claim to prevent you from pursuing a professional negligence claim against them.

What was your claim worth?