chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My sister and brother opted to be POA for mum as she has

My sister and brother opted to be POA for mum as she has Dementia. My sister has just informed me today she’s got a sale for Mums home although there’s no need for it to be sold. She has recently spent £25000 doing mums house up to rent it out and recoup the money out of mums money she has spent on it. Then today, she called to say she’s sold it to a neighbour for, at least, 10k short of what it’s worth. My brother who shares POA with her says he’s too ill to disagree with her. I called mums solicitor to discuss the abuse of POA for mum and my sister spending all her funds without discussing it with the remainder of the family and the solicitor wouldn’t talk to me, only advising me, through a message from his secretary, that I seek my own legal representation! My other brother and sister and myself have asked for a meeting with my brother and sister, however they are not responding to us. We all believe mums affairs are being misrepresented by them both with only my sister calling the shots. They, we believe, are abusing their responsibilities as POA over mums affairs and not handling her affairs appropriately. Is there we can do to halt the sale of mums family home?

I am a Solicitor and will be dealing with your question.

Do you have your own legal representation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will do tomorrow!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’d rather not at this time, I need some advice to bring to a solicitor tomorrow, thanks!

Ok.

What I suggest you do is ask the solicitor to obtain an injunction preventing the sale. If granted, this shoild give you amole time to deal with your concerns.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback .

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How long will that take to instruct an injunction?
Hi,You can obtain an emergency injunction in a day.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks