Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was invited to a police station in March as I was accused

I was invited to a police station in March as I was accused of assaulting a man. I did not assault the man and gave a statement stating this. I have now been asked to attend a police station for finger prints under battery.
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: None what so ever. I have not been charged or arrested for anything.
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: It didn’t. The man claims this happened 10 minutes from my house
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The person who claims I hit him also was the estate agent for my purchase of the house

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Jamie appreciated
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jamie I done a voluntary interview back in March. I denied assault on anyone. The police said they would be looking at cameras in the surrounding area but I was not there.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can do finger prints no problem but after a voluntary interview with no charges relating to an alleged incident in March I am bemused

But what is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to know why after nearly 6 months I am being asked for finger prints?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not been arrested nor charged with anything
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What I would actually like is for the police to be asked what they have to actually request this? They have zero

When was this said to have occurred?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
March 2018

Ok - they have 6 months to charge.

So yes, they can ask for prints. Otherwise, they could charge you.

If its a common assault, they have 6 months.

If its a more serious assault then there is no time limit

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks

Can I help with anything else today?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.