chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We have a charge on a property we used to own and it needs

Hello, we have a charge on a property we used to own and it needs to be removed, but we can not find the lender as he has gone abroad. What can we do to lift the charge please?

Thankyou for your question.

Has the charge actually been redeemed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cash was paid
Hi,The charge can be removed in one of 2 ways:1. The charge is discharged by the party that has the benefit of the charge.2. You obtain a court order which deals with the removal.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I go about getting a court order?

You will need to make an application to your local county court and provide the evidence the charge was redeemed but not discharged. It would then be for a judge to make the decision.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.