12826847

My ex and I currently live in the same owner property. He

Customer Question

My ex and I currently live in the same owner property. He has been bringing his girlfriend round when I’m
Absent and they take drugs and drink all night. I naturally do not like this, and even today he had her in the house while my nanny was there with the children. What are my rights to evict an unwanted guest if the guest is of the co
Owner?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry but you cannot evict either him or her. He is entitled to be there and have her there as you are entitled to have your guests.

It is not a crime to drink but it is a crime to take drugs which you could report.

if he is a part owner then you would have to get an occupation order to remove him which you could not do on this basis.

I;m very sorry.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is an occupation order and how do I get that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

You don't have grounds to get it.

I am sorry but these are orders designed for people in danger. And even then it is rare.

He just has a new girlfriend over which he is entitled to do.

You can move though. Nobody could stop you doing that and your interest in the house will not be extinguished.