Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Assistant: How can I help? Assistant: How can I help? Just

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hello
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Just want to know if I have resigned without giving any notice and decided not to turn up for work next day, should I loose payment for Notice Period? Will it affect my redundancy pay?
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Manager of a Care Home
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long did you work there for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
8 years as Deputy, 6 months as Manager
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
like to get an answer here
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not a member of any union

Were you initially being made redundant? Also, why did you just leave like that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not made redundant , I was n't able to run the home and there were concerns about the Home by LA and they were threats of closure of the Home
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
could n't cope with the pressure & stress
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am a retired Nurse from NHS
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did not want to continue working and having the stress
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Am I going to get an answer to my initial questions about payment for Notice Period and whether my resignation affect Redundancy Payment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello are you there?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for wasting my time and money!!

Please be patient, you are posting a barrage of messages but each one just resets your question and places it at the back of the queue. If you can just please answer me and then wait then there will be no delays. Also I do have to type up my answer but I am not a typist so it may take a few minutes longer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok

OK so if you have left with immediate effect and without giving any notice to the employer you cannot expect to be paid for your notice or to get any redundancy. You only get notice pay if you are ‘ready and willing’ to work through your notice period. If you are, the employer can either allow you to work it as normal, or they can decide to send you on your way early but as that is their decision they will have to pay you for the remainder of the notice period. As you are leaving without being prepared to work the notice period, there is no obligation on them to pay you for it. As to redundancy, you would not have been entitled to that anyway as it only applies if your employer is making you redundant, which is not the case here.

In the circumstances, all you can expect is to be paid for your wages up to date of leaving, together with any holidays still outstanding.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good bye

Thanks and all the best

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
9 out of 10

Thanks and have a good evening