12826847

Story shortened as much as possible had a parking row with

Customer Question

long story shortened as much as possiblehad a parking row with someone near my business ,caught him on camera stabbing my tyre
went to confront him/bill him for the tyre and he became aggressive took his coat off and jumping around saying he will have a do
a few people seen this and there was quite a few children present from an after School club so i said to calm down in front of the children etc he said we should get round the corner for a fight if I had a problem(not quite as politley)we went round the corner and had a fight police was called as his face was bleeding by his wife who come round corner once all finished ,I waited half an hour or so and left,checked with neighbours next day and post etc not heard anythingfast forward 3 weeks and police have been around looking at cctv taking statements etc I called 101 and spoke to someone who arranged a call back and they can't really tell me much other than an allegation had been made,my partner had cctv footage on her phone of us walking around the corner in the end of the video he takes his shirt off and we go around the corner so they asked her to take it down officer couldn't say much but said his injuries were substantial and a complaint made,he said it's not upto him but all seems a bit daft like the guys embarrassed basically
wondering where I stand with this,there was no witnesses to the fight in my opinion he come at me first but it's all a bit of a blur but I know he come off the fight worse I had a cut on lip inside and bit of bruising that come out at a later stagedo I wait until they've done there own findings,do I make a complaint myself about the tyre threats etc and am I likely to be charged with anything
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

There is really no point in making a complaint about the tyre.

all it will do is identify you as their man, they probably won't take a report and it gives you motivation to attack him.

Just lie low and wait to see if they can prove this.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

He is probably alleging that you were the aggressor although whether he can identify you is another matter.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
there's no question of identification it was at my work place there's cctv of us arguing and going around the corner,people seen us before and after alot of people and my partner gave her account of the incident ,as she was around the corner ...my question is am I likely to be charged given that he is leading me off around the corner taking his top off on cctv,will I be in trouble for winning the fight so to speak
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Im afraid that quite often assaults are determined on the basis of who cane off worst.

Doesnt mean youll be convicted though