12826847

I went to court since December 2010 for tax offences. Since

Customer Question

I went to court since December 2010 for tax offences. Since that time to 2016 I tried to apply for British Citizens 3 times but all refused. Can I apply again now? Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It’s ok. I can wait. Thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your patience. I need further information in order to consider your enquiry.

1. When you say you went to Court since December 2010 what was the outcome of the Court proceedings?

2. What reasons were given for refusal on the 3 occasions you mentioned?

3. Are you self- employed or employed?

The UKBA have to be satisfied that you are a person of good repute when they consider your application to become a citizen. Depending on the result of the court proceedings you mentioned, the length of time that you will have to wait before making an application differs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your reply
I went to court for the offences “ fail to notify change of circumstances affecting to benefit” with fines £190
Reason for 3 time they refused my case was
1- wait for the results from court
2- i was send the application form to early as they said still had 1 month and half to reach for 5 years legal stay visa in uk
3- 2007 when my visa finished I apply for extend my visa and home office wasn’t answered till August 2010 when I had my indefinite visa. While that time I still work and that was the reason they refused
my application again as they said 2007-2010 I was work without permission . They still said I can re-apply to citizenship at any time but an application made before August 2020 is unlikely to succeed
So I’m not sure if I can send the application again now or do I need to wait till the time they was said
Thanks x
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry I’m employed

Your offence is classed as non-custodial as you were not imprisoned and generally for non-custodial offences applications will be refused if the conviction occurred in the 3 years before you make the application. When were you given the fine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was on December 2010. That’s why I waited till more than 4 year later since that day for re-apply but they still refused for the second time
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The second time I send the application was on June 2015

Thank you for your prompt response. It is right that you could apply for the citizenship any time now, however given that they have advised you in their decision that an application submitted before August 2020 is likely to be declined my view is that unless there are pressing reasons for wanting to submit it earlier you should apply after August 2020.