12826847

I was contracted to do work for a food producer. The work is

Customer Question

HiI was contracted to do work for a food producer. The work is 80% complete with items that generally take 3-6 weeks from order to produce. They texted me last night to say that if the work isn't completed by Monday at 5pm to a standard they're happy with then they will cancel the order and move the work elsewhere.They apparently have a Morrison's audit on the Tuesday, but I was never given dates. They also state that I told them the remaining products could be manufactured in 24 hours, which is a blatant fabrication as at that point we weren't even in an position to manufacture for a couple of weeks anyway.What is my legal standpoint? Can I invoice for work already completed, and can I complete the rest of the work without them rescinding the order?Many ThanksSteve
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 4 months ago.
Hi Steve,Have you signed an agreement? If so, Can you provide a copy?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. No signed agreement. Just an order acknowledgement from our end. I have no evidence to state what they're saying.
Can you provide a copy of the purchase order?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure whether the files are going through or not.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Did you get the screenshot?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Any updates? I uploaded the screenshot and haven't had a response since then. Cheers

I have received a screenshot but it is a image if an email, it does not contain any terms and conditions

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The screenshot was of an email with the purchase order number and the go ahead. I have attached our T&Cs.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is a T&C link at the bottom of most our emails too.

Hi Steve,

I will review and revert back to you later today

Customer: replied 4 months ago.