How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Helen Hill Your Own Question
Helen Hill
Helen Hill, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 261
Experience:  LLB Law, Licensed Conveyancer and Probate Practitioner, Fellow of CILEx, Trust and Estates Practitioner (STEP)
Type Your Law Question Here...
Helen Hill is online now

I was a carer for my mother - I claimed benefit. In the

Customer Question

I was a carer for my mother - I claimed benefit. In the benefits office I was asked personal questions about my partner - did I onw his home? What kind of a relationship was it? I was repeatedly asked and asked same questions as though being prompted to say what the enquierer had in their mind about me. I didnt own the home - which I replied at least 3 times - I said my relationship was a deep support system - I had been offended sexually as a child - this woman persisted to push to ask the depth of intimacy - I was exhausted from caring never mind this intimidation. This person i know is still jusdging me and i sense talking amongst her family - making out i was a fraudster. What are my rights? x
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Helen Hill replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like you need to make a complaint abut a service you have received from the DWP or from an organisation that provides its services. They have a published complaints procedure that gives you the right to make a complaint about the way you have been treated if it falls short of their customer charter which can be found here.

Information about who you should direct your complain to can be found here.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint then you can ask for it to be referred to a senior manager. If you are then still unhappy it can be referred to an Independent Case Examiner for a judgement.

I hope this information is useful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards, Helen