SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

L think I've been scammed for over £200 by the online

Customer Question

Hi, l think I've been scammed for over £200 by the online ticketing service, Viagogo. I paid by debit card, so it's not possible to reclaim the payment. Viagogo's email replies have not answered my query as they appear to be computer generated and the only phone number is ***** be used just 72 hrs before the event. My event is on 20th August, but I would really like to have this resolved well before then, as I have little faith that their phone line will be answered. Who do l contact, if this is an illegal scam, please?Many thanks for any advice you can offer.
John Bean
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. I am here to help you and looking into you query right away.

If you made the payment within the last 28 days you may request a charge back through your bank. You are right that because the transaction was by debit card the process is not as straight forward as if you had used credit card where the latter is protected under the Consumer Credit Act. You need to call your bank and request a charge back to your card. The sooner this is done from the date when the transaction was done the better the chances of recovery. You would also want to follow your telephone call with a written letter to your bank requesting the charge back. Their fraud team will look into your query for you. Whilst waiting for the bank to revert back to you, you want to keep chasing the company for a refund.I hope this is helpful. If you are happy with my response please do not forget to rate my service. Thank you

Please remember that as the charge back is discretionary you will need to be persistent with the bank if they refuse first time and explain your unfortunate circumstances. Only they can be of assistance if Viagogo remains uncooperative. Court action will always be the last option, however with the value of your claim it may cost you a lot more to pursue the matter in Court.