,
97337639
is online now

I am trying to get confirmation of a credit card payment

I am trying to get confirmation of a credit card payment made from either UlsterbankNI or Santander dated back to Feb 2012. But after trying both banks they say no payment was made on that date. My husband died in October same year. The payment was made to purchase holiday credits which I can now claim back as company was in the wrong and have been found quilty through the courts. I need proof of payment to proceed further
Assistant: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: We where in Tenerife when we purchased the holiday credits from EZE GROUP
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I felt sure it was made from Santander but they can’t find the payment. The other bank was The UlsterbankNI but they say they can’t find any credit card information from that time I don’t know what to do now?the money I could claim back is over £6,000
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, thank you for the question.

You can write to the companies and request all data they hold on your husband under the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which came in to effect on 25th May 2018.

You need to write to them and quote GDPR and demand a response within 7 days, failing which you will report them to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) who will investigate the breach (the breach being not giving you the data when requested) and they can fine them potentially up to £17m or 4% of their turnover - so they will respond to you I am sure.

I hope this helps - please let me know if you want any assistance with the above. If you can please accept the answer and give me a star rating, I can offer unlimited follow up Q&As at no extra charge.

Kind regards,

Jim