,
97337639
is online now

How do I win with Open Reach.My telephone line has been

Customer Question

How do I win with Open Reach.My telephone line has been rewired twice within the house and once outside on my property.Each time I am charged £78 and still I have interference on the line
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: How do I win with Open Reach.My telephone has been rewired within the house twice and once outside on my property.Each time I am charged £78 and still I have interference on the line.My provider doesn't want to know.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I don't have any it the money is just taken out of my account
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am an O.A.P. And have a hearing problem so need a good line
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I presume you have made a formal complaint to BT Open Reach?.

If so, and they fail to address the problem and to give you a satisfactory service, you can do two things. The first is to report them to OFCOM, the regulator. You can do this here:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain-to-ofcom

Secondly, you can sue BT for providing a sub-standard service and quote the Consumer Regulations Act 2015. By law, they have to provide a good standard of service, otherwise they owe you a refund. You can write to them with a letter before action to demand a refund within 21 days. In the letter you need to put them on notice that you intend to sue them if they do not either resolve the issue within 21 days or fail to refund you. You can then issue a small claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

I hope this helps. If you would like further assistance with any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask. If you can accept the answer and give me a star rating, I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A's at no extra charge.

Kind regards,

Jim

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I will follow your advice and see how B.T.Open Reach respond
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 2 months ago.

Not a problem and please let me know if you would like me to help further - if you could also accept the answer and give me a star rating, that would be much appreciated

Kind regards,

Jim