How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2481
Type Your Law Question Here...
is online now

I want to sue my daughter's nursery where do i start? She

This answer was rated:

Hi, I want to sue my daughter's nursery where do i start? She had an accident
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Complained to the nursery and ofsted but they terminated my contract with immediate effect as a resolution to my complaint
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now

Hello, thank you for the question.

Did your Daughter suffer injuries and did you take her to the doctor?

You can sue the nursery by sending them a letter before action outlining the allegations of negligence. If you want to claim for injuries, you can act on your Daughter's behalf as her litigation friend - an independent medical report would be needed so as to value the claim.

Can you confirm the injuries and any financial losses on your part?


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thanks for the response. I havent outlined the negligence as such but made a complaint already they obviously dont agree and terminated my contract with immediate effect.
I did take her to the doctor and have pictures dont have a doctor's report as such.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My aim is not to make money but to ruin theur reputation
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you take on cases or just give online advice?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where can I actually find someone to represent me?

Hi there, this is a legal advice forum so cannot take on a case but can guide you or give a recommendation for a law firm who might be able to help.

You could try Slater & Gordon (tel: 0161(###) ###-#### who do a lot of good quality personal injury work.

You could do it yourself with a letter of claim and enclose the photos - the insurer for the nursery may well settle without you going to a law firm.

Let me know if you would like further help. If you could accept the answer and give a star rating, I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A's at no extra charge

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can they also take on other allegations like breach of contract?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you!

Yes, you can include breach of contract in the letter of claim too

Let me know if you'd like a hand with the letter.

Grateful if you could accept the answer (Just Answer will then credit me)

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do i know what other claims i can make?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
also taking the matter to the media (bbc, newspapers,etc) - would i need a solicitor for that?

Hi there, you can allege breach of contract in failing to ensure a duty of care to your daughter, and that they have been negligent which led to the injury

You do not need to instruct a lawyer to go to the press about it - you would just need to contact the press and see if they take up the story

Jim1079 and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jim. Can you help with a letter please? Thank you.

Hi there, yes, I can do so and will sent you a premium service offer for the letter (you can also have my contact details)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Will this allow us to communicate outside justanswer too?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will you dedicate time to go through my complaint and their response letters (2x)?

Hi there, yes - my email details will be displayed and if you want to speak to me, I can call you too.

I will deal with the complaint and devise responses to their letters.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my email details should now be available to you

Best wishes,