12826847

We were falsely accused that are dog bit a woman at the end

Customer Question

we were falsely accused that are dog bit a woman at the end of January, my husband was rung in April and attended the police station for an interview. They said they were investigating under the dangerous dog act 1991. We have not heard from the police until today saying they want to talk to him about the investigation. Six months has elapsed, is this a summary case and are they able to still prosecute. I would be very grateful for your advice before he rings back
Thank you for any advice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

If the allegation is that your dog bit somebody then it is an either way case and so there are no time limits.

Summary only would be the lesser offence under the dangerous dogs act of causing reasonable apprehension.

Sorry but that is the law.