,
97337639
is online now

I signed a contract on Tuesday 7th August which says that

Customer Question

I signed a contract on Tuesday 7th August which says that there is no cancellation ' once signed.I tries on Thursday 9th August to cancel contract as my financial circumstances changed, but told doing this is impossible by the supplier.Nothing s bespoke and the supplier has not made an order on my behalfCan I do anything
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 2 months ago.
Hello, thank you for the questionYou can quote the Consumer Protection Act 2015 if you are not a business and that imposes a 14 day cooling off period where by law you can cancel. If you are a business, the situation is different but you can state they have unfair contractual terms but not permitting a cancellation, so you could sue them if they continue to refuse.I would send a further letter and put them on notice of issuing court proceedings if their fail to repay you within 21 days. This is assuming you have paid something for the service and if not you can still issue proceedings and ask the court for a declaration of the contract having an unfair term.I hope this helps. If you could accept the answer and give me a star rating I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A’s at no extra chargeKind regardsJim
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is not a company
It is/was an electric garage door for my home
Expert:  Jim1079 replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks in that case they are breaching the Consumer Protection Act 2015 if they had no cooling off clause which gives you 14 days to change your mind