How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1974
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I am looking for a Commissioner for Oaths with regards to a

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am looking for a Commissioner for Oaths with regards ***** ***** statutory declaration.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cambridge, UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have started to fill in a statutory declaration form. And I sent an enquiry to the Court.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else.

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. A Statutory Declaration needs to be witnessed before a solicitor who is not representing you in the legal matter for which you need the Statutory Declaration. You should be able to seek help from local solicitors close to you in Cambridge. You can also check the Law Society Website and using your post code you will be able to search for local solicitors who can witness a Statutory Declaration for you. I hope this is useful, however if you need to ask a follow on question please do not hesitate to send your message. If you have found the response helpful please do not forget to rate my service to enable me to continue perfecting the service I deliver to customers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Is it the solicitor who submits the statutory declaration? What is the quickest form of submission?

Without knowing what you need it for and who has requested it and how urgent its required I cannot give you specific direction. However once the solicitor has witnessed it you are able to send it yourself.

SolicitorRM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

If it is in relation to court proceedings and you know the Court address you can physically take the document and submit in person. If there is no urgency you can send by post and I always recommend that if by post you should use a service that you can trace just incase they are lost en route.