Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Do you anyone that specialises on car purchase? Assistant:

Good morning my name is ***** ***** you anyone that specialises on car purchase?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in London but the car dealer is up north in Halifax
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I asked for my money back within a month of purchase but the dealer refused therefore I had to leave it for repairs... They no had the car since 01/07/08 and I still have no car nor money back
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: On the 02/06/2018, I’ve purchased a car (Audi A3) with £12,990 from Pellon Motor Group (PMG) https://www.pellonmotorgroup.co.uk/ .
On the day of my visit PMG did mentioned the car was involved in an accident but just the front bonnet and wing were changed.
I mentioned that I was looking to travel with my wife and 6 months old son for one month across Belgium and France.
PMG reassured me the car was in perfect condition and safe to drive.I trusted PMG and went ahead with signing for the car paying a deposit of £500. Four days later the car was deliver.Later I discovered that the car is classified as Category S. I took it to Audi and they gave me an estimate for repairs worth £7,740.33
I challenged PMG to refund my money but they said Audi is only trying to make money out of me as PMG only sales cars in good condition. Then I was accused of damaging the car and trying to put PMG into trouble. In the end PMG agreed to take the car in for repairs. At the time I had no choice but to leave the car with them.PMG has my car since 01/07/2018 but today 15/08/09 I still have no car and no money. This is the second week in a row they tell me the car will be ready but they contacted me to cancel the appointment claiming they are closed for business.
I’m only contacting Watchdog because it looks to me that this story goes deeper than it seams. My experience with PMG has been a tale of lies, threats and frustration. There is no doubt PMG is not a regular car dealer as the way they conduct business is totally out of British commercial standards.
I’ve never complained in my life but I certainly do not wish this to happen to other customers and I feel that PMG does pretty much what it wants without facing any consequences.I have tried to document the full story as I it developed in the following PDFhttp://tobiasink.com/previews/car/ATobias_AudiA3_Purchase_Dispute.pdfI’m trying to get legal advice but it is very expensive and I have no idea how to go about it… do I wait for 'one day' to get my car back or do I try to hire a solicitor now?I would be greatful for any advise!
Many thanksps: please note that I've ticked on NO for 'forwarding the details to the company concern' as, I have been threatened with 'I know where you live', 'if you care about your family' when I mentioned Solicitors

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. I am sorry to read of the above. You mention you rejected the car within 30 days of purchase. May I ask if you did so in writing or whether this was verbal? If in writing have you retained a copy?
  2. How did you pay - e.g. credit card? If you paid in more than one way, e.g. deposit on credit card and balance by bank transfer please could you tell me all methods used?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1- verbal over the phone but at the time I did not know I had the right to get a refund so I tried to negotiate the dealer to buy the car back.. I have text messages to show

Thanks. How did you pay - e.g. credit card? If you paid in more than one way, e.g. deposit on credit card and balance by bank transfer please could you tell me all methods used?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2- part exchange my VW Polo for the valued price of £4,700 the rest was by electronic bank transfer .. total £12,990