How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4002
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Assistant: How can I help? is am a 70 year old victim of

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: is am a 70 year old victim of crypto currency scam, £103,000 , my entire savings gone. can you advise me please
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: it was sent from my bank in the uk
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: i have reported it to my bank fraud team, police and anti crime fraud
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my bank traced the account but the beneficiary bank said there was no more money in it , therefore there wasn't anything else they could do. I have no home as it was the proceeds along with my savings to try and buy a house with outright as I'm too old to get a mortgage

Hello, thank you for the question.

Have you reported this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service as yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I havent
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have a mobile phone signal where I am currently

I would report it to the Ombudsman without delay mainly because they will liaise with your bank and determine whether your bank had sufficient anti-fraud measures in place. If the Ombudsman concludes the bank did not have sufficient measures, it can order them to reimburse the money.

The website for the Ombudsman: and their number is *****(###) ###-####/p>

Is the company which defrauded you based in the UK or abroad?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was reported to my bank by my son in law, that he believed I was being scammed but because it wasn't his bank account they wouldn't do anything about it

Thank you.

If it's a UK company you could try to sue them for the money however I would speak to the Ombudsman Service as soon as possible. If you can please accept the answer and give me a star rating, Just Answer will credit me for helping you and I can offer unlimited follow up Q&A's

Kind regards,


JimLawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I believed them to be here in the uk however the money was wire transferred to a bank account abroad, which of course now I believe wasn't in Germany as was thought. I have since found out that most of this fraud occurs in israe