How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12503
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

3 weeks from today I purchased a hair product tablets which

This answer was rated:

Hi,3 weeks from today I purchased a hair product tablets which advocates to maintain healthy hair growth. Since consumption my hair has fallen precipitously. I've filed a complaint but that has fell on deaf ears. No action was taken at all. As a lawyer I'm sure you'll understand the physical magnitude appearance has in a society that demands aesthetic perfection. Do I have any grounds to sue? The product is viviscal.Your advice is appreciated.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Have you been to see your GP which says it is as a direct result?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I can't see the reply if you've replied
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
an additional £43 ??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I haven't
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've just stop taking the product

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I believe it has passed the 14 day mark

From the date, you request compensation, not the incident.

You have 3 years to make a claim

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I see does it matter whether it's by phone or email
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Understood, I'll leave you 5 stars. Thank you

You need to do it by letter.

Does that assist?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you