How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12913
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I have an immigration query. It is regarding my wife’s

This answer was rated:

I have an immigration query. It is regarding my wife’s imminent application for an extension of her Family Settlement Visa (Spouse). Her current visa is due for extension in January 2019.My query is regarding the “accommodation” requirement.
The visa application requires us to confirm that we have suitable accommodation.We am currently privately renting. I am confident that the accommodation meets the immigration requirement regarding suitability.However, my current one year tenancy contract will expire on 25th August 2018 and my landlord has advised he would prefer to go onto a Statutory Periodic Tenancy from this point (as it save him money getting the letting agents to draw up a new contract).My question is: As I will no longer be able to submit a current tenancy contract with my visa application (as it will have expired) if I am on a Statutory Periodic Tenancy, what document can I submit instead to provide evidence to immigration that I have right of abode at this property?Would a letter from the landlord confirming that I have the right to rent and occupy the property be sufficient?Thanks
Hi,Thank you for your question.I am a Solicitor and practice in the area of immigration law. Would you still like assistance with this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i would still like assistance with this
Hi,If your tenancy agreementhas not been renewed and you continue to reside in the property, you would be deemed to have a periodic tenancy.Either a letter from your landlord or copies of bills showing your name and address would be sufficient. You would have to explain that it is a periodic tenancy in the covering letter to any application.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
chatham-chamber and other Law Specialists are ready to help you