How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12276
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have ended a relationship and I have left goods at his

This answer was rated:

I have ended a relationship and I have left goods at his property which he refused to give me back unless I give him my car which he paid for, what rights have i
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Surrey and he lives in kidderminster, Worcestershire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked that he allows me to send a courier to collect but he won't give them over unless I give him the car, which he bought for me to drive him around
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wanted me to move in with him but I changed my mind

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What are your goods?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
4 sewing machines, assorted clothes and an I phone
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot afford the fee

Ok, what you can do is seek a Court order for their return.

Write and demand they are returned or say you will get a Court order. If he refuses, you can take the steps below.

You need to issue a claim using form N208:

The Court will issue the claim and set it down for hearing, at which point will decide whether to return your goods.

If the Court does order return and your ex refuses, this could be contempt of Court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you