ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Im having a problem renewing ny Canadian passport. Ive been

Hello Im having a problem renewing ny Canadian passport. Ive been living in the UK for 16 years but recently divorced and want to revert to my maiden name. They returned my application due ti insufficient supporting documents last time.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK and I am a Canadian citizen with indefinite leave to remain.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: Not yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

What name is ***** ***** in?

What is the problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its in my previous name I had a legal name change

Well normally the Embassy merely needs a copy of the deed or statutory declaration proving the change of surname - they basically need a paper trail to see the change in name. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sent supporting documents.. Birth certificate... Citizenchip card and legal change of name deed back

Then that is normally more than sufficient - its all about the proof for the paper trail.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No clue I have renewed it with no issues before

Have you provided them with the full paper trail? If you have then I would be minded to send it straight back to them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't sent my decree nisi or previously expired passport in my maiden name do you think it would be sufficient?

Yes. I would send these to them as well as this makes it clear the basis of the name change. This should certainly be sufficient. Please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help.

Pleasure