How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3751
Type Your Law Question Here...
is online now

The station I worked at had dry rot in 2013 and this was not

This answer was rated:

The station I worked at had dry rot in 2013 and this was not repaired satisfactorily because it returned in June 2017. The station has only just reopened.I experienced health problems from Feb.2017 and have been diagnosed with Asthma which I believe is due to the working conditions I was exposed to.Can I claim compensation for this negligence in maintaining the station in a satisfactory condition
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My station was at Cookham in Berkshire near Maidenhead.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been to my doctor numerous times from March 2017.They say that they cannot say conclusively my health problems are due to the exposure to dry rot because there are no tests to confirm this but it is possible.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is inconceivable that the dry rot was not responsible as I have always experienced good health .

Hello, thank you for the question.

If you start a claim with a firm of lawyers, they would send you to see an independent medical expert who can prepare a medico-legal report and all they have to say it that is more likely than not (i.e. 51%) that your condition is due to the working conditions. I would therefore contact a no win no fee firm of solicitors (such as Slater & Gordon - 0161(###) ###-#### to ask them to investigate the case and if they feel there are prospects, they will offer you a no win no fee agreement so you would not have to pay them anything - only if you win would they charge you but taking a percentage of your compensation.

Do you have any other queries?.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a star rating, I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,


Jim1079 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you