SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

British Gas send me a bill of £300,16 for my last bill of

British Gas send me a bill of £300,16 for my last bill of winter in February 2018 when my bill as a single person never go further £100 in consumption,potion and my last winter bill. Here I see a quadruple amount that was impossible to reach knowing I was out for job in London and coming back only during the weekend and I got a complete month out for family reason and holiday . Against the 82 days of the bill covering I was home only 40 days maximums ,and my boiler broken I had the use of the heating not even 20 days where I bought an electrical radiator to finish winter end of January.Since March I am fighting and proving with different email then I couldn’t have that use it certainly a mistaken that happens in their estimation. After different dialogue the last person explain that they certainly underestimate my consumption before and it’s the reason they had such jump, but in the same time they confirm they put me out of the debt department, so I thought the problem was resolve until I receive a letter of warrant now that will Cooke and change for a pay as you go meter so I pay them what I owe them. Since I paid all the successive bill their exact amount beside the winter one, that I know a mistake from their part have be done, and they didn’t want to come and see the infrastructure if I wasn’t paying the person that would come.I would like to open a complaint against British Gas, because I don’t want any person forcing my door when I am at work, so I’ll do a payment but I will ask further refunding because I’ll pay gas that I didn’t use, and that British Gas knows perfectly that the error come from them.How can I open a complaint and where I need to send it to be legally acceptable.Many thanks.
Hi, thank you for your enquiry. I am sorry to hear of what you are going through with your utilities provider.
You can send your formal complaint to Complaints Management Team
PO Box 226, Rotherham, S98 1PB
Or by email to***@******.***
They should be able to deal with your complaint accordingly. If you are not happy with their final decision to your complaint you will have the right to escalate the complaint to the Energy Ombudsman which is impartial and can make directions following their own investigations and the directions will be binding on British Gas.
I hope I have provided you with the information that you needed. I would be grateful for your 5 star rating to enable me to get credit for the assistance today. All the best.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thank you. I have already complaint multiple time to British Gas. I think I will directly open at energy ombudsman.