How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3038
Type Your Law Question Here...
is online now

For the day Assistant: Where is this? It matters because

This answer was rated:

hi greetings for the day
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am an international student, studying one of the uk university. due to some reasons, i could not finish my masters but eligible to get pg certificate. university management said that they would award pg certificate in short time. here my query is, can i stay until my visa expires or i have to leave the country once it issued? please explain me
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am from india now i am in london
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: actually i am looking for a tier 2 job#

Hello, thank you for the question.

You are entitled to stay in the UK until the study visa expires - after that you would need to leave the UK unless you can secure an alternative visa such as skilled worker (tier 2 visa). I would apply for tier 2 jobs as soon as possible so that the company who offers you a job can sponsor you for the tier 2 visa and thus allowing you to remain in the UK to work.

Is there anything else I can help with?

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a star rating (there should be a row of 1-5 stars at the top of your screen to allow you to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you

No problem, if you can accept and give me a star rating, I will be credited by Just Answer for helping you today

Kind regards


Jim1079 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you