Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I would like some advice on Litigation against Thames Water.

I would like some advice on Litigation against Thames Water. They insisted against my wishes that a new manhole needed to be fitted on my drive. Their men did the job, made a complete mess of it and I want them to pay for it to be repaired by the company that originally laid the drive. Thames Water will not pay 300 pounds for the job to be done professionally, they want to send their contractors to "have another go at it". They did such a bad job that I don't want to let them do any more to it. Am I obliged to let them try again, or are they obliged to pay for it to be done properly?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: High Wycombe, Bucks
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have telephoned and e-mailed Thames Water, insisting that they do not touch my drive and asking them to pay for it to be done by my contractor but they will not. They want to meet up with me and their contractor to discuss it. I told them originally that i did not want a new manhole but they insisted that it was necessary and promised that my drive would be left "as was".
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well that's the story in a nutshell but this has been going on since early August. It was originally necessary because the Thames Water guy came out to investigate our blocked toilet, he came in semi darkness and after he had lifted the manhole cover he could not replace it properly. It was a bit uneven and Thames Water said that they could not leave it like that.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You want to claim the £300 to have it done correctly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like it done properly by the company that originally laid the drive.

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk