,
97337639
is online now

Please. i'm looking for a personal injury defence solicitor.

hi. yes please. i'm looking for a personal injury defence solicitor. there's a possible claim against me. i do have a lot of evidence that the person in question is fine and lying about the injury but i need a proper advice.
Assistant: Can you tell me where this is? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: no, she didn't provide anything. however it's a broken foot injury we had a crowd control standalone barrier blocking a door that leads to a car park in the venue we hired, and the lady in question decide to use that particular door even tho there was a lot of open doors aside. another lady came out of the venue and leant on that particular barrier and they both fell on her foot when she was standing in the wrong place. between the barrier & the Top & bars closing that door.
Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: No. at the time, we had a doctor on site, he checked she was breathing & we called the ambulance they said it's not too urgent for a saturday night so if you can get her to hospital go ahead, so we sent her with 2 of our team to the hospital, & she was checked and looked after
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they put her in a cast. & 2 months later she was back on the dance floor dancing fine. i even have evidence of her climbing mountains for 2 hours in greece to have dinner with her friend.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I am a UK qualified lawyer and have acted for both claimants and defendants.

It sounds like she is exaggerating her injury and you could put her to proof for her injury. If you have evidence of her dancing etc then you could defend the matter and allege fundamental dishonesty - the courts can strike out some or all of a claimant's case if there is evidence of dishonesty. They can also hold claimants in contempt of court which can attract prison terms too.

When you say "possible claim", I presume you have not yet received a formal letter of claim from her solicitor?

Jim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Jim.
thank you so much for your answer, it's starting to make me feel better. i did get a letter from a No win No fee lawyer to ask for my insurance. however the valid insurance is in the name of my partner in that event. the only problem with the insurance company now is there was no accident book report for that night. as i mentioned before it all happened too quick & we were just concerned for her health so took her to hospital to get looked after as a friend cause i know her for 10 years f not longer

Yes, they want to know if you are insured in order to contact the insurer and to ensure their client can recover compensation.

Have your insurers denied cover due to no accident report?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no Not yet. do you think they would ? i doesn't mention the accident book in their policy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my evidence of her dancing is based on facebook screen shots of her climbing mountains and dancing, and a couple of witnesses have seen her dance in international festivals.

I doubt they would refuse cover. I would check the policy terms to see if it's a stipulation all accidents have to be recorded, etc.

I would ask her drop the claim in the face of your evidence - sounds pretty damning to me and I can't see her wanting to risk a finding of fundamental dishonesty by the court...

I hope this helps, if you can please accept the answer and give me a star rating (there should be a row of 1-5 stars at the top of your screen to allow you to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,

Jim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
for sure.
i'm meeting with the insurance company on the 19th Oct. i will need your help again for surethank you so much Jim.

No problem, happy to help and in the future too - I will send the premium service which if accepted will give my contact details to you

Kind regards,

Jim