How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13500
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Am looking for some advice with regards to using my maiden

This answer was rated: looking for some advice with regards ***** ***** my maiden name after it legal?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No....but have been using my maiden name since 2003
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I currently live in Gwynedd... but have had a legal problem of late & it has all been using my maiden name... am wondering if this is actually legal as legally my name is ***** ***** being married...
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so at this present moment...thank you

Thanks for your question. It is legal to use your maiden or your married name, or both, once you marry and also after divorce you can use any or both of them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you