How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11117
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I need to check CCTV footage from the council as I was

This answer was rated:

Hi! I need to check CCTV footage from the council as I was victim of burglary, can you help me?
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hackney, London
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I only spoke with the police
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Have the police put in a formal request?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They told me to ask a solicitor because they have no time

Ok. You can ask the council, they may refuse under Data Protection Act 2018.

In which case you would need a court order. You would need to complete form n208

The court would set the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to order the council provide it.

So if the council say you need a court order that is what you need to do.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That’s it. Thanks