31090051

Our conveyancing has left us with a problem. The search said

Our conveyancing has left us with a problem. The search said we were connected to mains sewerage but were not and now our septic tank has been condemned and needs replacing at a cost of at least £5500. Our solicitor said they will act for us to go through the search companies insurance but will charge us to do so. If they commissioned the search and didn’t spot the problem, should they try to resolve it without charge?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We have met with the solicitor firm and they gave offered to write to the insurance company to see if they admit liability but will charge us £200 plus vat to do that
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Plymouth
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so

Thanks for your question. Your solicitor is not a fault here. The search company is. So the claim that your solicitor intimates to the search company should include not just the cost of th new tank but also you solicitors charges in dealing with the claim. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.