12826847

My son and daughter in law was accused of hurting their son

my son and daughter in law was accused of hurting their son when he fell of the settee back in april they had the children taken into care and where arrested and had their phones laptops and family photos taken 3 weeks ago the judge at the family court said it was an accident and the children are now home they have been trying to get their belongings back from the police to be told today that someone else has taken over the case and its going to the CPS for prosecution they have been through months of hell and now this can this happen
Assistant: Where are your son and daughter-in-law? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: west midlands and the police are Gloucestershire
Assistant: What steps have your son and daughter-in-law taken so far?
Customer: has in what they were only told today the Gloucestershire police are referring in to the CPS
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the court case went on for months they had police reports doctors reports the 1 child was sexually abused in care.The police never left a ;ist what they had taken

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
my son and daughter in law was accused of hurting their son when he fell of the settee back in april they had the children taken into care and where arrested and had their phones laptops and family photos taken 3 weeks ago the judge at the family court said it was an accident and the children arenow home they have been trying to get their belongings back from the police to be told today that someone else has taken over the case and its going to the CPS for prosecution they have been through months of hell and now this can this happen
Assistant: Where are your son and daughter-in-law? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: west midlands and the police are Gloucestershire
Assistant: What steps have your son and daughter-in-law taken so far?
Customer: has in what they were only told today the Gloucestershire police are referring in to the CPS
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the court case went on for months they had police reports doctors reports the 1 child was sexually
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
i want to know if the CPS can still bring charges when the family court ruled it has an accident
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
i dont want a phone call

The criminal courts certainly could hear a criminal prosecution. CPS are not bound by the decision of the family court although they would review their findings.

If your primary question is whether or not CPS are bound by the decision of the family court then the answer is no they are not.

Sorry if that is bad news but the views of the family court just simply do not bind the hands of CPS.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
even after this long
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
the little girl was sexually abused while in care the doctors and police reports wre sent to the family court

Yes, they can very definitely revive this.