How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11117
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have been a victim of a dating scam has left me in

This answer was rated:

Hi I have been a victim of a dating scam has left me in financial difficulties
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk from a resident in USA
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have informed the bank reported on USA gov on line and city of London police under fraud
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to ask me about this today please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where do I go from here
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have contacted find a monkey who are working on trying to locate this person

You report it to the Bank and Police.

There is nothing else you can do.

But sadly the reality is you won’t see your money again. When it was transferred it would have been withdrawn and is long gone.

But your options are very limited. The Bank and moreso the Police are the only ones that can try and trace it.

But if it is taken as cash then it is almost impossible to trace.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, or the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

You are not the first person to ask on here and you certainly won’t be the last.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But due to the recent change in GDPR if they find him his details can only be given to a solicitor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have reported it

Well if the Police or Bank find the person you can apply to the court and get an order that the details are disclosed to you.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Can I assist with anything else today?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No that’s ok