JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

Recently a woman in a car parked next to me jumped out of

Recently a woman in a car parked next to me jumped out of her car as I started to drive off claiming I had hit her car, I hadn,t then stands in front of my car as I try to move out. She keeps moving to stand in front of me as I try to reverse and go round moving to block me. She claims I hit her
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In the uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: A policeman came to thanked me what happened and said he would get cctv
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I'm a barrister based in London.

What stage are you at - have you recieved letters from solicitors / the court? Have you been contacted by the police?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Police officer came to the door asked me for my account and said he would seek cctv

When you say he thanked you for what happened, describe exactly what he said

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
He asked if I owned a Renault he said this women claimed I hit her. I explained that as I started to move off she jumped out of her car and ran round shouting that I had hit he car and that I started to move off she ran round to stand in front of my car shouting I tried to reverse and tried to go round her. HE SAID SHE HAD PAINT ON HER TIGHTS. HE THEN SAID HE Would get the cctv and took my phone number

I see, what would you like to know?

It may take some time for the police to obtain CCTV evidence and it might not be available. If it is not available, they may contact you and ask you further questions, depending on whether the woman's account is credible.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
One last question what would the likely offence be and potential penelty

From what you have described i.e. low speed, minor / no injuries, the offence would be careless driving (driving without due care and attention). The potential penalty would be a small fine and 3 - 9 points. If its really bad you could be disqualified.

I hope this answers your question, if it does please accept my answer. Best regards.

Thanks and good luck!