Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

We sing a contact saying that we would do 5 weeks of extend

Hi we sing a contact saying that we would do 5 weeks of extend hours and just before we started them they said to all of us that if we hit there target they will let us only have to do 4 weeks and we have hit there targets and more and now they have said we have to do all 5 weeks do you know we're we stand please
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Winsford cheshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They only told us today so nothing at the moment
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Only 8 months put I have done my probation period and been given a full time contract

Thank you. Whilst you can argue that the employer has reached a formal agreement with you over this and that they should honour it, if they fail to do so and expect you to do the full 5 weeks, you will find it difficult to challenge them legally. This is mainly down to your length of service, which is less than 2 years. This means you have no unfair dismissal protection and you can be dismissed for more or less any reason. Therefore, whilst you can say no to the employer and refuse to do the extra week, if you do so they can quite easily and legally dismiss you because of it. It is not fair morally, bit legally they can do it. Therefore consider whether you want to risk this or just do one more week of extra hours.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you very much

you are most welcome