Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Assistant: How can I help? I have recently downloaded my

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have recently downloaded my deeds from the land registry as I have an ongoing boundary issue with my neighbour. Three years ago we applied for planning permission for change of use to have a cattery in our garden which was passed, I have noticed in my deeds that there is a covenant not to run a business on my property how much of a problem could this be if my neighbour decides to enforce it?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Only in relation to the boundary
Assistant: Where is the land located?
Customer: Not quite sure what you mean?
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Just to be clear, there is no issue at present ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No only with the boundary

ok. Then I would not worry.

Only the beneficiary of the covenant can make an issue over it,

Could it become a problem, then yes.

The covenant could be enforced if the neighbour is the beneficiary. You would need to use it for 20 yers qithur complaint before it could be curtailed.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My Neighbour is not the beneficiary so for the time being I will not worry. Thank you for your help. The covenant was placed on the deeds in 1948