How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11949
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Have received a parking fine from Parking Eye. The sign at

This answer was rated:

hi have received a parking fine from Parking Eye. The sign at the entrance clearly states that the first hour is free. I stayed for 53 minutes, as stated on the parking ticket. However ,in order to appeal this fine I am expected to read two lists of Parking Eyes terms and conditions,(there are reams of them),this will take ages to digest, am I legally required to do their bidding when I am not in the wrong as far as I can see? colin
Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Tower road Newquay
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: have only just received parking charge notice
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

If it is free, are you required to register your car?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
don't know, the headline banner reads i'st hour free

Ok - you should appeal the decision.

It may be that you had to register your vehicle.

But if you did not comply with the terms of the car park, then the fine is payable.

But you can appeal.

If they reject it, you can go to the independent body (if they are a member).

They offer a free, independent service and can consider your complaint for free at:

If they do not uphold it, then you can still refuse to pay.

They can take the matter to Court and you can explain the position to a Judge.

But try appealing first. However, you need to make sure you didnt have to register your car first.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.