Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I Have registered my business but it is similar to another

HI, I Have registered my business but it is similar to another name registered. will this be a problem. companies house said it is fine their end but that i should seek legal advice.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, just contacted companies house once i was aware it was similar to another company who said it was fine from their point of view but that i should still seek legal advice.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Is the other one in the same industry sector?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
there is first recruitment and first recruitment group. I am 1st recruitment limited
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
sorry i am 1st recruit limited

Ok - are they anywhere near you?
Are they nationwide coverage?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
one in sussex and one nationwide
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
im based in london

Then that could be a problem. They may say you are passing off.

That is using a similar name.

They are in the same industry sector and operate nationwide.

If the matter went to Court the test is this - would a consumer be confused between you and them,

Given you are 1st Recruit Ltd and they are 1st Recrtuiment Group, there is a potential.

They are very very similar.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
ok great thanks for your help

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
thats all thanks

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer, 5 stars the happy face on the page before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!