How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35305
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have been convicted in 2004 for 18months sentence and I

This answer was rated:

Hello I have been convicted in 2004 for 18months sentence and I was wondering when I could apply for a British passport because I asked different people and some told me I’d have to wait 10years and some said 15years could you please help me concerning this matter.Thank you
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: I do not understand what you have just asked
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

What were you convicted for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello all the information I need is when I can apply for neutralisation
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got convicted for fraud

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Where there has been between 12 months’ and 4 years’ imprisonment, application will normally be refused unless 15 years have passed since the end of the sentence. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you