Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was a passenger in my car in an accident. My husband was

I was a passenger in my car in an accident. My husband was driving and the named driver. The guy who hit us admitted liability at the scene but is now saying it is our fault. I have been advised a dual responsibility outcome is likely. There were no witnesses as of yet and no CCTV. 1. Can I claim for my and my daughter’s injuries on my insurance. 2. Do I have to agree to dual liability? Thanks Charlie
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Basingstoke England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Insurance statement, sketches of accident and photos sent. Solicitor has made contact for info. Police informed immediately and want to prosecute him but can’t due to lack of evidence. A and E diagnosis for me and my ten year old daughter. Thanks
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Are you not making a claim off the third party insurance ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Sorry I am so unaware I do not know what this means!

I would instruct a no win no fee solicitor to do this fur you.

For example www.minsterlaw.co.uk

They can claim off the third party.

That should resolve it for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The insurance company have just talked about blame. The solicitor just said not to worry she would sort it but I am worried because we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time!
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Third party?

Third party - the other side. You need a firm who specialise in this type of claim to seek the damages you so richly deserve.

Does that clarify ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thankyou but surely there needs to be proof? I have appealed for witnesses.

No. If it went to court, it would just be in balance. Ie if you are believed.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thankyou .

Great