12826847

Jo, My name’s Amit Patel. I keep getting named in a criminal

Hi Jo,My name’s Amit Patel. I keep getting named in a criminal case in Middlesborough where a pharmacist is on trial for murdering his wife. I have not been questioned or investigated by police. Is there anything I can do to stop my name coming up when I have nothing to do with the murder?
Also is there a chance I could get dragged into it as an accessory or something?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. In what way is your name coming up in relation to the trial/ investigation?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hi Peter, the prosecution is alleging that the pharmacist killed his wife for life insurance to come and live with me in Australia. So daily to hammer it home to the jury “Dr Amit Patel in Sydney” is mentioned.

OK. I have had a note from Jo to say she is online and wishes to assist you and as you addressed your question to her I'm going to opt out for her to pick up. Thanks.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.

Hello. Sorry for the interruption.

Why are you being named?

Is it untrue?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have been involved with the accused but I am not involved with the murder. I am just one of many men he has been involved with when cheating on his wife.

in what context are you being named though?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
As part of his motive

The Crown are entitled to do that. There is no way of preventing that.

If their allegations are untrue or the motive is overstated then I suppose you could give evidence for the defence to that effect but you cannot stop the Crown relying upon that motive and naming you.

I'm very sorry but this is just not prohibited.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No that’s fine

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/