PeterCollinsUK
PeterCollinsUK,
101823876

My partner is being obstructive and very difficult in

My partner is being obstructive and very difficult in progressing the sale of the house we jointly own and now trying to sell. He apparently wants to delay the sale until he decides it is time to do so. Is there any procedure by which I can force my ex partner to proceed with the sale of the property as quickly as possible.. The house is now empty and he has caused damage to some walls, doors and has broken a double-glazed window when losing his temper!
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have not yet talked to the solicitor I have asked to deal with the sale of the property. I live in England.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only to get the solicitor who has sent the standard Fixtures and Fitting/Details of the property forms to me. I have completed the forms but ex partner refuses to sign (for spite).
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that my ex has a very short fuse on his temper (hence the damage to the property) and is easily upset and very sulky and temperamental.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am just reviewing your question.

You have the option to apply to the court for an order for sale of the property. There is a helpful article that sets out the process and law for you here:

https://www.howellslegal.co.uk/news/post/Applying-to-Court-for-an-Order-for-Sale

I hope this assists? Do you have any further questions?