How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2776
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My son has multiple disabilities and I’m his primary Carer

This answer was rated:

My son has multiple disabilities and I’m his primary Carer his father also has PR. He hasn’t seen son for 10minths and has not come to any child in need meetings or hospital admissions etc. What is the legality of stopping the invites to meetings and getting PR revoked?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Welling, Kent
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing he also can not have son due to not being trained
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no Thanks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. In short, I don't think the court will want to remove his PR on the basis of his non-engagement with the support that his son requires. I'm afraid whilst it must be incredibly upsetting and frustrating for him not to be involved, it is not grounds for the removal of PR. Does this clarify the situation for you? Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It’s his choice he’s been offered training so can have access he has refused and has been 10 months now of no contact. He has not asked Social services how he is despite their inviting him to meetings etc

Again, it's not acceptable at all. Just not grounds for the removal of PR. I hope this makes sense. I'd really appreciate your 5 star rating for responding to your question, if you have a moment. If you have anything further you can always come back to me. Kind regards, Peter

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What constitutes removal of PR and is there a time or anything like that?

Well, there is one thing to consider. You could apply to the court for a child arrangements order, stating that your son lives with you, and ask the court to dispense with his consent for certain matters as he is showing no interest in your son's life. The court may be sympathetic to your case, and order this, without removing his PR completely.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you

My pleasure. And please do take a second to provide the rating for me, I'd really appreciate that. Kind regards, Peter

plclegal and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you