How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35307
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My son has a court hearing for access to his children on the

This answer was rated:

My son has a court hearing for access to his children on the 29th November but he does not have legal representation. His ex is throwing everything at him with child abuse and historical rape. Despite offers to pick up the bill he is refusing help, is there anything I can do or advise him please?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: As far as I know my son only filed a C100 and the ex responded with a C2 where child abuse is alleged. The rape allegations were only discovered last Wednesday and they are pending further enquiries.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: The court is Guildford although he now lives near Derby
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. It really is in his best interests to have representation, even if only for the hearings. It makes a massive difference in these cases - I have attached a link to where he can get a barrister to represent him purely for the hearings - it makes such a difference -

I have also to help attached a link to a great book which explains the court process should he decide to run it by himself -

Happy to answer any questions and please rate 5 stars

Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks​

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

The book should really help. Pleasure

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does the alleged rape have any bearing on the case, her timing seems to have been set to cause maximum disruption.

Yes it can do. Hence why the book should help. She may well be making such claims (which is not uncommon) to frustrate contact.

ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Definitely, I am so worried for him, she has done a good job putting him down. Thank you for your help, I will get the book and at least read it myself even if I can’t persuade my son.

My pleasure