How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15789
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I am trying to ascertain how to clear a CCJ against me that

This answer was rated:

Good morning. I am trying to ascertain how to clear a CCJ against me that I do not know anything about, with a company that is no longer trading so cannot receive money. The Court are prepared to investigate it for £250 but the CCJ is only for £50 but I cannot pay it. The liquidators of the company have no record of it. how do I get it cleared?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the court who told me there was a £250 charge just to look at it. I have been in contact with the liquidators of the company. I am happy to pay it but they have advised me there is nothing to pay as they have no record of it.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am happy to pay it if necessary just to clear it but there is no one to pay it to!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Will the liquidaror consent to set aside?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said he was going to contact the court but at the moment he is not responding to any calls or emails
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is since September

Ok. But have you written to ask if they would consent?

Are you on a low income or benefits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working. Not on benefits or low income. He offered to contact the court for me and I agreed but I have heard nothing since. Are you suggesting I should contact them in writing then?

Yes. The only way you can get this removed is by them applying to remove it.

You can apply but the court fee is £255 or reduced to £109 by consent.

If they have consent then it’s down to £100

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the CCJ is only for £50

Yes I realise, the court fee is fixed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hence it is cheaper to pay it but who do I pay when the company is no longer trading?

it would be the Receiver/Liquidator.