,
97337639
is online now

I have a divorce going through that is at nisi stage (nisi

Good morning, I have a divorce going through that is at nisi stage (nisi hearing 5th december). I am the respondent in the case with adultery as the charge. The clean break order had been drawn up and states that I should pay the decided amount of £55,000.00 on or before the 5th December. Failure to pay would incur interest per day of non payment. I am not willing to pay until this date is amended to allow time for the court to sign the agreement. I have the funds available. Am I correct to want it amended?
Steven Hodge

Hello, thank you for the question.

I am a UK qualified solicitor and happy to help.

Yes, the 5th has now passed obviously but I would want the order to read a date in the future once the court seals the order, or you can specify by the 14th date (or 21st date) from the date of the sealed order.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating, I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,

Jim