How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PeterCollinsUK Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1644
Type Your Law Question Here...
PeterCollinsUK is online now

What domI have to do to change a power of attorney and a

This answer was rated:

What domI have to do to change a power of attorney and a rough cost
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This is in the Uk
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None, my daughter had power of attorney for my son. She evicted both of us from her home, and I am his full time career, but she still retains the power of attorney
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just a rough cost, as we are both on benefits

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Effectively, he would need to end his LPA with his sister, and make a new one.

Here is the information about ending this:

And the information about making a new one:

It costs £83 to register a new LPA.

But it may be possible to be exempt from the fee - see here:

Is there anything I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it different if he has got special needs, as I would have to do all the paperwork for him

OK, in that case you would apply to the court of protection.

This is if he lacks capacity.

PeterCollinsUK and other Law Specialists are ready to help you