12826847

A family member has forged a cheque on my late father´s

A family member has forged a cheque on my late father´s estate, the bank are taking steps to retrieve the money. Can this person be charged with fraud and, if so, how do I as a Co Executor do this.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

can you explain exactly whats happened who is this person please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My father died and the day after he died a cheque for 6,000 pounds was cashed. My sister, brother and myself are co Executors and we appointed a company to deal with our late father´s estate. This company told us about the cheque and asked if we knew anything about it as the cheque stub was missing. I knew nothing about it, neither did my brother but my sister did give an explanation which didn´t sound quite correct so my brother and myself asked for the cheque to be returned. We were sent a copy and the cheque had been filled out and signed by my sister´s younger daughter. The bank are now taking action to retrieve the money but my brother and I were wondering if our niece who forged the cheque can be charged with fraud and if so how do we go about this.

You can make an allegation to the policeAnd they will investigate.

There is no other way of charging a person the fraud that you reported to the police. There are no other law enforcement agencies that will do this.

All that have to be shown is that she forged the signature of another person.Forgery is not a difficult offence to prove.