12826847

My 15 year old son has had a fight on the way home from

My 15 year old son has had a fight on the way home from school. The other boy got hurt and his mum wants to press charges against my son. He has to go to the police station for a voluntary interview. They said he could take a solicitor if he wants to but I don’t know if we need to or not or where to find one or how much they cost. Any advice is appreciated
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: I don’t know. He’s never beeb I trouble before. I think the Mum just went to o the police station
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: I just had a card through my door to arrange an interview. West Midlands police
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t know. I don’t think so

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

was this just fisticuffs or were weapons involved?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Jacob has said that the boy who was his best mate has been taughting him about his dyslexia. He asked him to stop and he continued so He pushed him. The boy then punched at Jacob so he punched back. He has knocked the other boys teeth back and he had to have them prepared at A and e. No weapons were used.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t know if he is best to take legal representation with him to his voluntary interview.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi are you still there?

Ok. Is he known to the police?

Will the other boy give evidence?

What are his injuries?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The boy had his teeth knocked back and he had to get them put back in right at A and E. Neither of the boys are known to the police. The other boy will give evidence against him I’m sure

If is unknown to the police then they will probably offer a police caution for this offence.

Strictly speaking this is an ABHI.That is too serious for police caution but they regularly do it when it suits them and he does have youth on his side.

A youth caution or warning is only available if he admits the offence.

He does need a solicitor. Any criminal solicitor will take this on. You can get one to attend with you for you can use the duty solicitor at the police station.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your help

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/