How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17702
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I would ask im not happy with court decision and would like

This answer was rated:

Hello i would ask im not happy with court decision and would like to appeal a court decision
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Redditch
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Im lost court because i can not travel 2hours and there was long story which i didnt like how Police done His job when they stop me
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didnt go to the court because im in debt and there was child care issue i did ring them if they can move my court hearing closer but nothing

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 7months ago im bought car and on the way back Police stop me and after checking they found i can not drive this car with my insurance but car was insured anyway so i get fine and 6points.after few weeks i get fine which i refuse to Pay because i want go to the court and defend myself What and how dangerous driving Police officer done to me and my brother in low.i get date of court hearing so i explained them my situation is to far for me 2h drive,im in big debt,child care issue What they done is they moved my hearing from october to december so i did ring them and ask i can not come so they gave me some application where i can fill it up for court hearing movement .i did it but they said is came just plain letter so i did call them again and ask What to do because there was if i dont turn they can arrest me so under the pressure i send them letter and ask if they can plead me guilty.about 10days ago i get court decision where is fine 708£ and 6points i can not Pay fine i am in big debt and i am not happy with was insured ,i got witnees my brother in low What police done this can not be acceptable in uk how they showing they power because they got uniform

ok. So you were convicted at court, or pleaded guilty? When was this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was pleaded guilty because i did send them letter before court hearing where i wrote if they can plead me guilty because i dont want get arrested because i did not come to the court hearing.this was 04/12/2018

And now you don’t want plead guilty, or is it the sentence you have issues with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i feel guilty i will Pay first fine which was 300£ but i think i can sort it out on the court but im was unable to go there.if someone driving without insurance get fine and penalty and my car was insured but officer write driving without third part insurance thats why i want go to the court and defend myself which i wrote first letter explain them but its look like they ignore it because when i ring them and told them about my issues like child care issue woman told me child care issue is not a issue ???they can not give same points and fine for driver with or without insurance .i would like come on the new court and tell them car was insured ,im had full compreshive insurance but can not drive any other car so there should be no points at all and tell them how Police officer tailgate us 3times and done dangerous driving .when i did send them letter about plead guilty i add there i want Police officer bašte number and divison where he working but they ignore it because they did not even replay to me

Ok, so do you want to change plea, or just the sentence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like change plea i think i have got enough proof

Ok. So you need to Appeal to the Crown court then.

You need to apply to appeal and vacate your Plea.

You just do this within 21 days, othwerwise you will be out of time.

It will then be heard before a Crown Judge.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so i want ask if court was on 04/12/2018 and i get letter which came 15/12/2018 so from when 21 days begining?

4/12. So you need to seek permission to appeal out of time.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i try to have a look or Google it now how to appeal out of time is this all What i need?

Yes Appeal out of time. And change your plea.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now i know What to look for thank you and i can rate u now

Great. Thanks in advance.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you